Sunday, August 17, 2008

What a Night!






We went to a Bee's game and saw some good Bee's hitting, including a 4 run home run. Towards the end of the game Eli was saying "Jesus Christ Amen." I was looking around to find someone in the "prayer" position (arms folded, head bowed) but I did not find anyone fitting that description. Eli kept repeating this statement over and over while looking in one direction. Then I realized that Eli thought that the man at the end of our row resembled the pictures he has seen of Jesus. This man had a really full, long beard and really long hair. Too cute. Then while walking to our car we walked past the fire station and a nice fire man asked Eli if he wanted to get in the fire truck. Of coarse he didn't turn up that opportunity. The fireman even let Eli (with Karl's help) turn on the lights. I think Karl enjoyed this more than Eli did. Eli finished his fire station visit by singing to all the fire fighters a little "take me out to the ball game." What a night! Eli went to a baseball game, saw Jesus and got to turn on the fire truck lights, all in the same night!!! Lucky dog!!!

3 comments:

Jess said...

that is so hilarious! Your kid cracks me right up!

Brenda said...

I love your posts. Eli is so cute and funny!

Trisha said...

I just want to give him a big squeeze! He is too dang cute.