Friday, September 26, 2008

Hide'n Seek & Chicken Meat?

I was lucky to spend most of the day with Eli today and let me tell you....pure entertainment!!!! He loves to play "Hide'n Seek" now but he likes to tell you where to hide. If you are taking too long to seek he will yell out his exact location "Mommy, I'm in your closet!" My favorite part of the game is when I hide and he does the seeking. I love to listen to him count. Sometimes he makes it all the way to ten but most of the time he gets excited around six. Then he yells out, "ready not, here I come!!!!" and what a smile he has on his face when he finds you.

Later in the afternoon (after our 3 hour snuggle together) Eli decides he wants to toss the pig skin around. Eli has entered the world of pretend. Most of the time he has me drink his pretend milk out of a pretend glass or toss pretend bird seed (that is obviously tucked in my pant's pocket) to the pretend birds but I am at a loss with the latest. We got ready to play catch when, Eli tells me where to stand and then says to me, "Mom. I the chicken and you the meat!!!" I thought that maybe I didn't hear him correctly so I repeated his request back to him and he answered in the affirmative. Not quite sure how to pretend that I am meat but I did my best. =)......If anyone knows what he is talking about please fill me in. Freak I love this kid!!!

2 comments:

Danni said...

Oh yeah, did I forget to tell you that we make pretend sandwiches in a pile on the floor?!? You know, whoever is on the bottom is the bread, the next guy is the meat, the next guy the pickles, etc. until the top guy- he's the other piece of bread. So I guess I know where he got the meat, but we have never made a chicken sandwich! That silly boy, we love him!!!

Trisha said...

That is hillarious! He sure takes after his mom. He was cracking me up the other night running around like a little spaz!