Thursday, July 24, 2008

Lucia's Baby Shower


Good times are to be had at a Thompson function involving food!!!

Lucia, Maria (Lucia's mom), Sophia (Lucia's sister), Ia (Sophia's daughter), and Sammy were in town from Tucson and Mexico to celebrate the up and coming birth of ocho (her due date is 8/8/08 so the baby is known as such).

The top picture is funny in so many ways. First...I am known for taking such fabulous pictures. My parents fridge is tatt'd with a bunch of photos of me throughout the years striking a seriously funky pose. My family members (Danni) find shear enjoyment catching me in my finest moments. If you have been to Ralph and Brenda's then you know what I am talking about. My favorite one is of me just out of bed with my hair sticking straight up...you get the point. The other reason why this picture is so funny is because my own mother told me that Lucia's shower started at 1 o'clock when it really started at 11. You really shouldn't tell the person in charge of making homemade rolls the wrong start time. I was baking rolls the whole shower. Luckily Danni found a space heater and I was able to force raise the rolls. Oh and the only food request that Lucia had was my rolls so think about the sick feeling in my stomach when I learned of the real start time of the shower. We all had a great laugh when my mom said, "I know I told one person the wrong start time of the shower now we all know who that was!" FREAK!!!!!

The bottom picture is of my sisters, Lucia and my Mom. What a fun day!!!

1 comment:

Jess said...

That is hilarious! I'm so sorry I missed it. DANGIT. Why do I live so far away?!