Friday, December 28, 2007

Christmas/Stitches Week

Once again Santa found us and spoiled us rotten!!! The best thing was that Eli walked into our front room and he cared more about looking out the window at all the snow than looking at all his toys. Eli was pretty much hooked up with a basketball standard, little people garage and airplane, and tons of crayons "ons" and coloring books. Karl did good in the shopping department for me and each gift was thoughtfully purchased. It was nice to spend time with my family and to see my brother and his wife who were here from Arizona. Lucia is pregnant!!!! Yeah we are so excited for her!!!!

The day after Christmas, Nana agreed to babysit Eli while I went to work. In four hours I delivered two babies and luckily those went well. I was late getting home because the nurse that followed me had to rush her daughter to the doctor for stitches in her finger. I got back to mom's house and Eli and Nana were playing a teasing game. Eli ran as fast as he could to Nana who was hiding in her bed. He tripped, fell, and let's just say that he was a bloody mess when he lifted his head off the floor. He had hit the sharp edge of Nana's metal bed frame. So Papa rushed Eli and I to the pediatrician's office. I ran in to see if they would still see us since it was 5:00 and I think because I was covered in blood they obliged. The MD was able to glue the gash over his right eyebrow but the bridge of his nose required a stitch. He was brave and was easily soothed with a sucker. 12/26/07 must have been a good day for stitches!!!!

No comments: